Saturday, February 2, 2013

Best Job Ever!!!!!!

We made a curriculum change and put our Parenting I and Parenting II classes into a combined What to Expect as a New Parent Class.  I figured it would be best if I taught it first.  Why?  Because I am the supervisor so throw myself under the bus?  Not really sure being as I very rarely teaching parenting but that is what we did.  So this morning we rolled out the new class.

I love love love teaching parenting.  I love teaching breastfeeding and birth as well but for some reason I am in my element when I teach this class.   It makes me want to fire someone so I have a spot back.  OK, not really.

I was a bit nervous using a new outline and time line.  I was more nervous having staff observe me.  There were a few things that I answered and then questioned if I'd said it right.  We'll see what they have to say when they send feedback.

But my class evals were excellent!  It makes me so happy to have patients tell me how much better they feel about becoming parents. 

Oddly enough this was the first time in years that I watched the DVD and had a yearning for a baby.  I am 43 and have enough on my plate.  Maybe its early menopause...............

No comments:

Post a Comment