Friday, August 17, 2012

PT

So the surgeon said I was too young and too healthy to need surgery.  I almost kissed her on the lips.  She did say she was surprised at how well I am doing considering what my spine looks like.  So she put me in PT.

So here I am at PT clinic twice a week.  I am in the running after injury program with Shane who is totally cute and sexy and like 15 years younger than me.  And I am in core workout with John who is totally cute, not quite as sexy but definitely cute and also about 15 years younger.  I think I missed my calling in life.  I should have been hanging out in the PT wing of the Annex when I was young.

PT is not easy.  I just want to clarify that.  Its nice to really work the muscles with a professional watching every move.  Its nice and its awful.  You can't cheat.  When you take a yoga or Pilate's class, you can go all saggy and then pull it in when the teacher comes back around to your part of the room.  But the PT no, he is there watching and catching.  Its a lot harder than regular exercise.  And its nice to get the encouragement that you will get better and that you are doing OK.

Monday I got beat up.  It was supposed be running clinic but Shane wanted to check the core.  As I was doing some exercises, they started to hurt greater than a 4 on the ol JCAHO pain scale so I had to stop.  He said it didn't make sense where it was hurting.  So he put me on a table and moved me in all sorts of positions then pushed on me to see what hurt. Then he popped my back.  He thinks he's got it figured out.  So I got new exercises to add to my old.  But I was really sore.  So I got to end my session with the E-stim and an ice pack.  Best part of my day.    Today when John asked how the stim was I said it was great so he got my insurance to pay for a portable TENS.  BONUS!  I like PT

No comments:

Post a Comment