Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Bra Mishap

Yesterday, I was running late and my closet wasn't cooperating.  I just couldn't find anything to wear.  I finally settled on a pair of white pants and the black and white shirt that Keegan got me for mother's day.  I grabbed a black bra and hurried to get out the door.

It was a bad drop off day- Keegan was not interested in going to Children's for camp he wanted to stay home with Daniel.  Then I had to drop him off in the Cheetah room because the Camelion teacher wasn't quite ready to take the big kids.  He hates the "baby rooms" so he threw a fit.  I got out the door and made it to March of Dimes for my meeting but as I was running in the building my shirt felt wet.

Not having a lot of time, I just kind of brushed it off thinking maybe there was water from the sprinklers on my car.  But as I sat there, my shirt grew wetter and wetter.  What the hell?!  So I discreetly put my hand under my shirt to see if I could figure out what was going on.  I quit lactating years ago.......

It was then that I remembered that I had on a bra with gel packs for some kind of lifting and shaping.  The gel pack had burst.  My shirt was soaked with some gooey, yucky liquid.  Luckily it wasn't that noticeable due to the pattern of my shirt.

As the meeting ended, I held my Ipad up to block any view of my leakage and ran to my car.  I was due to present in 45 minutes so I ran to the closest store found a shirt and bra but unfortunately didn't have time to change.  I thought I could do a quick gym change in the parking garage but alas, that didn't work either.  So I went and presented on breastfeeding with my own form of leaky boobs.  Then I found the closest bathroom and finally got to change my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment