Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Running the Ragnar

So how did I get myself into this situation?  Actually, its good and I'm excited but also scared.  I've been doing 5Ks for about 2 1/2 years now and I even did a 10K and a triathlon.  My boss was also running and she did a half.  So last year after Ragnar one of the managers bought a team and started recruiting.  Somehow I ended up being asked to join the team.

So we start in Logan on Friday June 15th and van 1 will have all six people run.  Van 1 is our saving grace!  They are all young and athletic.  Its one of them who get to run "Ragnar" leg which is uphill all the way baby.

My van will pick up somewhere around noon in Ogden and we all run.  My first run is 3.4 miles flat around Pineview.  Easy peasey really.  I run 3-4 miles all the time.  Once all six of us run then we meet up at our captain's sister's house for pasta dinner.  Yes, we are the princess team no camping on the side of the road for us.  While we eat and take a nap (in beds- not sleeping bags on the side of the road) Van I runs the next 6 loops.  Then its us again for our middle of the night run.  I get the 7.5 downhill from Rockport to Hennifer.  I am stocked for that one.  I love love love downhills.  I know a lot of people hate them.  Next we head to Midway/Heber while Van 1 takes over.  We have a motor home set up in the Heber campground for another nap and breakfast (yes we are cush on this whole thing)  Then we meet up and our van runs it in.  I have the 5.5 mile semi-flat from Heber to the Homestead.  This is going to be the challenging one for me.  My legs will have had just enough time of relaxing to decide to they are tired.  But then I done.  The rest of my van will run it in.  Including poor Kristina who is running "What the Hill!"  Trail run straight uphill.  You go girl!

My van is the "special bus"  Half of us are in our 40's and not athletes.  One of us is very athletic I understand- I've never met her and I'm not sure on the other two.  Our van is going to smell like icy hot and bengay and we will have a full first aide kit and frozen water bottles to ice our legs.  It sounds insane but we are going to have a blast.

Lucky for me, the church festival is that weekend and margaritas will be free flowing.  I just have to drink enough water after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment