Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ready to TRI

Ready or not this Saturday is the triathamom. I was coerced into signing up and I am glad I did. I am not a good swimmer and I don't really bike much but it's good to test the ol body and see what it can do.

My friend Kami and I have done a few practice runs and it's not going to be easy. I'll just take it slow and hope to make it in standing.

I'm feeling really down right now. Between dad, Kelly and Bill all being sick, my friend Doreen's husband died yesterday. She came home and found him. Death always throws me for a loop. One minute someone is here and then- gone forever. I do believe there is more than this life. I just don't know what it is. I have faith that we will all be together again, but in what form. Our finite brains just can't capture the reality of heaven and eternity.

So here I am all melancholy. I worry about my own health and the inevitability of death. How long do I have? Will my family be OK when I am gone? I know we all have those feelings they are just prominent in my thinking at the moment.

I feel like a good belly laugh is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment