Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A few random stories I want to remember

Over the years my kids have said and done some crazy things. As all kids do. I'm adding them in as I remember so that I don't forget them. Some will probably always live on in the family but I want to keep the details. Kind of like the story that both my grandma and her sister told and we don't know if it was my dad or cousin because they both used the same story but inserted their own kid.

Tacos- Ah miss Kate. There we were at Lake Powell for one of our many many trips to my heaven on Earth. We must have told her 5-6 times that we were having tacos for dinner. "Kate, we are making tacos they will be done soon." "Kate, get ready for dinner we are having tacos." Always being ignored. Finally we started eating and Kate came over to the table looked at the food and said "Tacos, I love tacos! I wish I knew we were having tacos!" Hence forth, when she is not paying attention, somene will say "Kate, tacos!"

A warm piece of pizza- when Kate was about 2-3 we made frozen pizza and she burned herself on a piece. A few days later she was cold and said "I wish I had a warm piece of pizza cause my hands are cold."

Tetronic pee- I took Kate and Daniel to Washington DC by myself the year that Brian was commuting there. I felt brave, me, by myself loading up a 5 and 8 yr old to fly across the country. It was only the 2nd or so time that Daniel had flown and he was stoked about the "free" apple juice. I think he drank three. The problem was he didn't know the plane had a bathroom and I didn't think to ask if he had to go. When we landed in MO for a stop over, he asked if we could get off the plane. Since we were just picking up new passangers, I said no. Then I realized the problem. I told the flight attendant I needed to take him to the bathroom now. She was none too happy as she had to get a headcount of passangers continuing on. But I told her she would be much more irritated if he peed ont he seat. So I took him to the bathroom and he peed and peed and peed AND PEED. I told him he was like Austin Powers which he had not seen and didn't get the reference. Then went on to tell everyone he had Tetronic Pee Powers.

The Chip- again, poor Daniel misunderstood what we said. He was three and we were taking a trip to Yellowstone. We told him that on Wed we would pick him up early and go on a trip. The whole time he kept asking us when we would get a chip. We didn't figure it out until we were driving home that he was excited that we were buying chips.

I love you in Oregon- One day Kate looked at Keegan and said "I love you infinity!" He didn't know what the meant and being only about 3 he replied the best he could on his limited experience, "I love you in Oregon!"

Mom and the hookers- Keegan came to my office when he was 3. He was just learning to write and wanted me to make sentences on some scrap paper. All of them need question marks for some reason. We got home and he wanted Kate to draw him some "hookers" She looked at me perplexed and I told Keegan she needed a better explanation. He tried desparately to explain, "you know Kate hookers, mom and I were doing them in her office" Again she looked at me having no idea what to draw, then I remembered and told her they were question marks. That he wanted to make sentances with question marks. Phew- Not something you want him saying any old place.

No comments:

Post a Comment